Ford Mondeo Wheel Refurbishment
This wheel is hardly scuffed at all, however the finish is badly tarnished. It's quite likely that an acidic of caustic wheel cleaner was used, that it was too strong, and has burned the paintwork. Once the wheel has lost it glossy finish, it doesn't so easily repel dirt, road grime and brake-dust. Some very minor damage on the very rim has let corrosion set in.
The wheel is then rubbed down to remove corrosion and scratches, and to provide a key. It is then coated with an etch primer, the silver base coat is applied, and then finished with a generous coat of lacquer.
The wheel is completed and refitted to the car, the wheel nuts are tightened using a tourque wrench. To finish, we wipe off the dust (from the spraying process) and apply some tyre dressing.
• Mercedes Wheel Refurbishment
• Ford Mondeo Wheel Refurbishment
• Land Rover Wheel Refurbishment
• Bi-Coloured Wheels Example - VW Golf
• Ford Mondeo - Polished Face
• Classic Porsche 944 wheel refurbishment